5 January 2018
Healthy food options at your work desk.
Snacks on work place is necessary as it keeps your energy level high from loads of work. Its helps in maintaining good connection which leads to a better teamwork. Most importantly it helps you focus and concentrate more on any activities you do. It improves your mood and brings good and positive vibes all around. Snacking is sometimes what every employee does in the workplace but unhealthy snacks are tough to avoid. There are certain tips to avoid such unhealthy snacks:
- Seeds: Natural source of high protein, easy to store and fun to eat. For e.g. Pumpkin seeds
- Oatmeal: Its not only for the breakfast but can also be a substitute for evening snacking. It controls cholesterol and easy to make.
- Dry Fruits: Rich in fiber, especially to have it after lunch, this can be a replacement for sweet cravings, apricot, dates, almonds. Make sure you don’t add much of it and choose a sugar free or sodium free options.
- Peanut butter: Not for regular intakes but it breaks the monotonous cycle. Its good to add some flavours especially when it is healthy as well. Join it with fruits for better combination
- Crackers: Healthy crackers are amazing in taste especially when paired with hummus or healthy dips or olive oil or just have if you wish to work parallel
- Air-Popped Popcorn: Everyone’s favourite with flavours or plain, it still gives the feeling of being full without actually putting on weight to body.
- Granola: The king of dry snack but only if had in appropriate portion, it can quickly add up calories it consumed more than required. Also, a great source of extra protein
- Roasted Chickpeas: Either get it from an instant vending machine or make it yourself at home, in any which means it is a great snack which also provides a bag of proteins without adding any extra unwanted mass